If you Are you looking for a race to do this spring? Here’s another look at the races that are near and dear to my heart this season:
- Florence Forth — March 5, I’ll be doing the 10k, but there is a 5k option as well. If you are looking for a locally grown 5k/10k that supports an awesome cause, look no further than Florence Forth in Downtown Durham. While you are at it, join team #NestorStrong RunBuds
- Pi Day Pi K — March 13th, I’ll be volunteering at this sweet race benefiting Habitat for Humanity. What’s better than a 1.95mi run followed by a personal pie?
- PSF 5k for Education — March 19, I’ll be up in Virgina Beach running in the Shamrock Weekend Whale Challenge, but the PSF 5k for Education is a 5k in Chapel Hill where the money goes back to educators including $5 for each registration going directly back to the schools you choose at registration. (Rashkis is the school I would choose!)
- Not So Normal Race Weekend — April 2-3, I am excited to have joined the team as a race ambassador for this series. There is a 5k, 10k, half marathon, and half marathon relay option. The races take place in Pittsboro and Carrboro. There are medals for all the race distances and a finishers jacket for the half marathon options. For an opportunity to win an entry into the race distance of your choice at Not So Normal, comment below with your favorite spring race distance and why!
- Quintiles GOTR Triangle 5k — April 16, The Girls on the Run of the Triangle hosts their spring 5k in Downtown Durham — I am coaching at Rashkis again this season and am really looking forward to this girl empowerment run.
- Tar Heel 4/10 miler — April 23, This is a challenging race no matter which distance you choose, it is my favorite race to determine my current fitness level and I just love every inch of the course. If you have an opportunity, please tell the race organizers I referred you.
- Esprit de She Cary 5k/10k — May 12, This all women’s race is one of my favorite races all year. I am thirlled they moved the race up to May, as my only complaint about the race in the past was the extreme temperatures associated with having an evening race in late June. If you use my referral code, you can get $5 off registration. The post race party is just one of the great things about this race. Code: GEDS16AMB036
- Running of the Bulls 8k — June 4, This fabulous 8k is a don’t miss event in Downtown Durham. I’ll be volunteering at the race this year, but it is one of my favorite races ever. Registration opens March 1st so mark your calendar. The first 1000 registrants gets an awesome Nike tech shirt.
- Fun Runs — if you don’t want to pay to run, don’t forget to check out my sixteen fun runs for 2016. They have been a blast so far!